Tuesday, October 28, 2008

CONTEST!!

First of all, a big thanks to my sister-in-law, Nancy, who has my brother begging her to make some of Grandma's favorite recipes and meatballs were her specialty and Nancy has picked up on the talent as well! You will see more of Nancy's Talents on this blog in the future!
Hopefully we will see a post from my sister Kristie on Grams delicious fudge and Christmas Candies!


OK so I absolutely love love love contests and I am going to do these periodically...so to kick off Christmas Cookie Baking time I am going to give a way to one of you a Betty Crocker's "Cooky Book." My grandma had one just like this book and they are reprinting these books just like Grams' and I received one for Christmas from my very thoughtful mother-in-law, thanks Grammy Pilgrim! This "Cooky Book" takes me back to my childhood, looking through Gram's book and dreaming of all the cookies she would make from them...the pictures make you want to bake the cookies right away! YUM!!

(This is a picture of my book, a new one will be shipped directly to your house in time for holiday baking)

So here is how to win this fun book! **The purpose of this contest is to first see who is looking at our blog so we can select recipes that suit you, secondly it is too get people commenting and interacting with our recipe blog and third expand our readers. All you need to do is comment on this blog. Each time you comment on the blog your name will be placed in a draw, one entry per comment **(one entry per post so that we can see your thoughts and comments on recipes or format...we want to start some interaction we love feedback and requests....which a few of you have already been doing and we have loved it!) You can get additional entries, one additional entry for adding your name to our list of followers. You can get additional entries one for each new person you bring to the blog. When you bring a new reader, they need to comment and mention your name in the comment so I know who sent them... I will then add one more entry for you and add them to the list of entries and so on....Depending on the response to this contest I may get crazy and draw out multiple winners, each getting their own "Cooky Book." Since the nature of this contest is to help share Grandma's Recipe blog with others, this contest will run starting October 28th, 2008 until Midnight November 15th, 2008. On the morning of the 16th I will do the drawing(s) and winner(s) will be posted by that evening with instructions for me to privately receive your shipping address!

Good Luck! Let me know if you have any questions!!!

**The asterisk signifies clarifications I made on 10/29/08 per questions on the comments. If you want addition entries start spreading the news of our blog and tell people to leave a comment with your name....those are unlimited entries! I am so excited with your responses so far and we do want more readers so "start spreading the news" and make sure they let us know who told them so you get more entries!!

14 comments:

Becca's Blog said...

Ok Holly! You can count me in. :) It sounds like fun and I'm sure I will be checking your Recipe Blog on a regular basis. I want to try making those meatballs too. They sound so good. What a fun idea and I hope you get a great response! Sure miss ya. Bye!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I will be counted in too! Thanks for this blog. I will be trying these recipes often! Good luck with the response.

granny janny said...

I love reading your blog---I don't need another cookbook but I love hearing about your life!

Anonymous said...

okay, so can I leave multiple comments? I really want this book.

Melissa & J.D. said...

Miss Holly! I am a cookbook freak...no kidding. I also have a cooking/recipe blog called
withlovefrommykitchen.blogspot.com
Add it to your blog link list.
I'm loving this blog by the way!

Erin said...

This is so much fun! I LOVE cookbooks too...especially cookie ones! The recipes on your blog sound yummy, I need to try them. My sisters and I also have a cooking blog...make sure you check it out - www.cookinchicks.blogspot.com. I'll be crossing my fingers 'til the drawing :)

21st Century Homemaker said...

Count me in! I want to make your meatballs. It was funny the night before I read that recipe we went out to this great new little restaurant, Pasta Amore, and i had the meatballs. I thought to myself I need a good meatball recipe and here it is! Thanks!

Grammy Pilgrim said...

The recipes look wonderful! Good Luck!

Lundholm Fam said...

Hey Holly. This is Brooke Lundholm and Erin forwarded this to me. The recipe book looks like lots of fun and so do the recipes. I will have to try them.

Brittney said...

Love the whole wheat bread pull aparts and the doughnuts. My kids would love that!

What a fun idea for a blogsite. I would do one except it would only have about 5 recipes. I am so boring in the kitchen. I never try anything new!

Mandy said...

You're so awesome to do this Holly and the cookbook looks sweet too! Count me in as well!

Mabel said...

I would love this cookbook! Please put my name in. Mandy sent the link to your fun blog and I will be checking back frequently since I love to cook and try new recipes!!

Anonymous said...

ohhhh count me in!!! I would love this book! Mandy sent me to your blog.

Susanna said...

Your blog looks like fun and the cookbook looks awesome. Mandy sent me your way, so count me in.