Wednesday, December 10, 2008

And the Winners are...

You guys totally made it easy on my judges! I didn't even have to use them. I know there are more fun stories, traditions/memories, and recipes out there BUT you didn't enter, so you don't win. So for taking a chance and getting it done I am not extending the contest for more entries, I am rewarding those that entered, 1 in each category, and giving them their much deserved prize! They submitted great entries that would have been great competition for anyone and I REALLY appreciate their support! So without further suspense....I know it is the only reason you are reading this post ; )..........AND THE WINNERS ARE:

Amy for her 2 yum-yummy recipes!



Her Entries are:


Egg- Sausage Casserole
Start this in the evening before going to bed and then bake in the morning.
Line a 9x13 pan with bread crusts trimmed off.

9 eggs
2 c. milk
2 tsp. dry onion
2 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. salt
Beat all of the above.

Cook 1 lb. of sausage and drain. Pour eggs over bread and sausage- let it set in fridge all day. Bake @ 350 for 45 min.

Christmas Tree Cookies
1 c. shortening
3/4 sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. almond extract
2 1/4 c flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Green food coloring

Mix all ingredients and form into a ball and then roll out and cut with Christmas tree cookie cutter.

Bake 10 min. @ 375



I think I will be adding the casserole one to my Christmas morning feast!!



Candee for her "HOT" Christmas story!



Here is her entry:


"Weston is from Rexburg, and it being a college town, has a LOT of Christmas trees that are discarded just before the holiday. Students throw away these trees just before leaving for home. So, Weston's brothers get the driest looking tree and steal it from the garbage pile and take it home. They continually do things to dry it out until Christmas Eve. Then we have a 'tree lighting' ceremony, where all the neighbors are invited for hot chocolate and homemade doughnuts. Then the tree is lit on fire. A couple of years the tree has not burned well (because of fire retardant)and we have had to add things like cotton balls with vaseline to aid in the burning process. It is really scary to see how fast the tree goes up in smoke!"


Love it!


Last but not least, Shannon for your sweet memory/tradition!





Here is her entry:



"I have a little tradition that we just started last year. My husbands very dear grandma (she raised him) just passed away last year. We called her Nini. Well, Nini just loved jammies. She had dozens of really cute festive jammies. Everytime we would go over at night she would have on some really cute seasonal jammies on and I just loved them. So when she passed away we decided to give everyone jammies for a christmas eve present every year. We have a huge pajama party on Christmas eve and bake yummy treats. (Nini also loved to bake.) So that is my small little christmas tradition that we have started in memorie of Dougies Nini."



Thank you to each of you for supporting this blog! I hope you feel your hard work has paid off! Shannon, I sort of know your address but I need your address to get you your organizer. Ladies all I ask in return is for you to take a pic and share it with us when you get your goodies! Rosie posted her win on her blog and I absolutely loved it! I have yet to see Mandy's pic! I hope she got her book!



Watch for the next CONTEST! Ti's the Season to have fun and enjoy one another!

1 comment:

Shannon and Doug said...

YAY!!! I am sooo excited! This is so fun. 2135 is my house number if you need more info than that let me know. I am so excited to take a picture. You are the best. I never win anything!